Webcam to replace eye, so she can record her life


Tanya Vlach, 35,  lost her eye in a car accident in 1996.

Now she challenged engineers on her blog site to come up with a "sci-fi" substitute for the lost eye, so she can record her life:

"I am attempting to recreate my eye with the help of a miniature camera implant in my prosthetic / artificial eye. The intraocular installation of an eye-cam will substitute for the field of vision of my left eye that I lost in 2005 from a car accident. While my prosthetic is an excellent aesthetic replacement, I am interested in capitalizing on the current advancement of technology to enhance the abilities of my prosthesis for an augmented reality."

Let's take a look on specifications: 

- the "eye cam" must be able to adapt to changes in light, blink to turn on or off and have easy control over zoom and focus.

- bluetooth compatible, with a 3X optical zoom and have room enough to fit a memory card.

"There have been all sorts of cyborgs in science fiction for a long time, and I'm sort of a sci-fi geek," Ms Vlach was quoted as saying in the New York Daily News.



Scleral Shell, Prosthesis designed by Dr. Danz. Photo by Jonathan James

Popular posts from this blog

Mathematics model anticipates obscure biologic Mechanism Of Regulation

Horrors of Anorexia

Brown Recluse Spider Bite Pictures